Friday, July 16, 2010

LONG TIME NO BLOG!

Wow my last blog post was Febuary 22nd of 2008! I can honestly say I just forgot I have my own blog. I've been so busy since Febuary of 2008, really busy. For starters I got married; August 8th of 2009 to Audrey Katherine Butera. Well she's Butera now but her last name was Young. I've also attended a regional police academy and become a certified Texas Peace Officer.....aka cop. I'm still the audio director of Church in the City in Dallas, and going to be reserving with Dallas Police Department that way I can still do all my audio work and get to do police work once or twice a week. I've been doing more freelance audio work for corporate events, weddings as well as working with several local bands regularly. It's been a huge technical growing experience just because in all the clubs around Dallas even the nice ones you don't get to have all you boutique stuff even if you bring you own mic package it's still low quality in everything else. I have to say though if you have the chance to get out and mix "in the trenches" do it! It's made me a better engineer and a better communicator. Now every time I mix on the VENUE I appreciate it WAY more! Lot's more stuff has happened since then and I promise to start posting regularly to keep this thing updated.

No comments: